Sweet Gum Farm Roasted Chicken
This our favorite way to cook our broilers.
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 4 tbsp Minced fresh Rosemary Or 2 tbsp dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves Minced Garlic Or 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 whole Non-GMO Pasture Raised Sweet Gum Farm roasting chicken
- 6 small red potatos halved
- 6 medium carrots halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
Melt the butter; stir in the seasonings and garlic. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Spoon half of the butter mixture over chicken. Place the potatoes and carrots around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables.
Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Baste with cooking juices; bake 30-60 minutes longer, basting occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
Let stand 10-15 minutes, before carving. Serve with vegetables.